Monday, April 11, 2011

How to Stop Stuttering Fast

If you have come to this article because you don't know how to stop stuttering, then I am going to show you what you need to do to speak fluently like everyone else. The methods I have outlined here have been tried and tested by me, as I used to stutter myself. Take some time to absorb the tips I have for you here, and your speech will improve!

I hated not knowing how to stop stuttering when I was growing up. It is a very difficult problem to live with. My parents simply said that I would grow out of it, and that it was just a phase. They really didn't understand the wider implications it had on my life! For example, my confidence was pretty low, and I would tend to stay at home as opposed to going out, as I didn't want other people to know how bad my stutter was.

I was just about to go off to college, and I still had my stutter. Obviously, I didn't want to be the same person I was in high school and I wanted to learn how to speak fluently and go out and have fun like everyone else. Here are three tips that I found helped me the most.

The number one tip to learn how to stop stuttering is to think before you speak. Often, I would mess up my sentences in stressful situations, yet when I was singing a song I liked, my stutter was basically gone! This was because I knew what I was going to say as the words were in my head. So instead of making a sentence up as you go along, say it in your head first.

My second tip is to practice your speaking by grabbing a book and reading aloud to a group of friends or family members. What this does, is it gets you into a good speaking habit while also boosting your confidence when speaking to a group of several people.

My final tip to learning how to stop stuttering is to only speak on the exhale. When I used to stutter, I kept making the terrible mistake of holding your breath whilst speaking. This makes you rush your sentences and can make the stutter worse. Instead, take deep breaths and speak whilst slowly exhaling.

I have outlined a few tips here about how to stop stuttering which worked for me when I had a problem with my speech fluency. There is no harm in trying them out for yourself too, although there are some killer techniques that I haven't mentioned yet.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment